Wednesday 25 September 2013

A little sidewalk wisdom

I was out for a walk during my lunch break when I passed a man who felt compelled to stop me.  He pointed to his third eye and told me that I was a very lucky person.  He was reading my aura. 



Is it an invasion of privacy that a random person on the street is now reading into my personal character?  How can it be if my aura is just out there for all to see?

In any case, I stopped for a moment to listen to what he had to say.  He told me that I had a spirit that was protecting me and watching over me.  It wasn't the first time that someone had told me that, but I appreciated the confirmation.  It's nice to know that someone or something has your back in this crazy world  He also reassured me that all the hard work I had put in in the last 2.5 years were finally going to start to pay off.  Bonus! It was all very nice, but it sounded to me like generic "fortune teller" jargon. 

But then he said something that made me stop and think: "You love life, but you are not happy". Well if that isn't food for thought, I don't know what is.  Maybe it's my naivete, but I always thought that loving life was at least in part synonymous with happiness. But now that he's said it and it's out there, I think he may have a point.  

If you've taken time to read "Doing Stuff and Going Places", then you're very well aware that I like to get out there, explore and experience.  If you haven't read it yet, seriously what's taking you so long? I always thought that it was that joie de vivre and my ability to express it that brought me happiness.  And it does bring me happiness, but am I truly happy?  Or is it distraction and not happiness?  I'm not so sure I even fully understand what it means to be happy in its truest form.  Even if I was happy, would I know it? Maybe I would.  And maybe being unsure means that I'm not truly happy.  I definitely feel blessed to have a wonderful family, supportive friends, good health, a good job, a home and the luxury of travel, but maybe I'm looking for something a little more internally satisfying.  And trust me, if I knew what that was, I would've just gone out there and gotten it already.  I'm that kind of girl. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. 

He finished his talk by telling me that there were two men who were in love with me.  Maybe he thought that would make me happy, I'm not sure.  Or maybe that's what he says to all the ladies to sound really deep.  In any case, this stranger on the sidewalk gave me a pretty good reality check and something to really think about.  Maybe it was just the thing I needed to hear at just the right time. 

Happy Reflection!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment